Thursday, January 8, 2009

Life after Team Camp

Life after the team camp has been, well......a little boring..................

I have, since the camp, gotten a coach, stepped up my training, worked, made money, slept for more than 5 hours a night, and have done nothing other than that........I have a pretty good feeling this is how my life will go for the next month or so....

Train

Work

Sleep

Eat

Thats about it...and I'm pretty much cool with that....I want to realize my childhood dream of becoming a professional athlete....I feel like getting on the awesome team that I currently ride for, getting the coach that I have, and working my butt off, should all help me out in many ways....

Nathan has instilled a great work ethic that has been lacking in my training in recent years...This, to me is the best thing that could have happened for me in the pursuit of this dream....With this work ethic I will smite any attack, overcome any climb, and joust with any sprinter.....

Not really

But maybe

Who knows

Anyways, camp I think was a really good thing..........Now I just need to ride smart, hard, and with everything I have...

But back to life....

.....Yeah, its boring, and lonesome......I think I have either, pushed away friends, or have grown apart from them...oh well, these things happen and I am neither sad or mad or anything...I'm pretty much neutral on this situation...Perhaps this is a good thing for me, maybe I need all my distracions taken away and I need to focus on one thing, and thats racing and being as fast as I can on two wheels.....

Like I said before...oh well, I don't want to try and figure this out......I need to focus, and do stuff...yeah, stuff...

Friends or no friends, life goes on...no need to dwell and be all bummed out....I speak from experience....Before the training camp I rode for a grand total of MAYBE, 5 or 6 hours.....Thats in 4 weeks....I maybe got out of bed for a few hours a day......Life like that.......all depressed, and lethargic.....really sucks..........nobody should live like that......

tomorrow.....65 and sunny.....3 hour ride? then on saturday high of 45 or so....and a cyclocross race....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Evan, that's the awesome thing about Metro.. we're all family, so you have lots of new friends that have the same hopes, dreams and fears as you : )

hey Chad said...

Dude, I'm 30 years old and that is my life...ride, be daddy, work, eat, be daddy & husband, sleep and then do it all over again. I know the feeling about friends. To be serious about cycling I feel like I kind of had to make a decision and it's one that I'm happy with also. I'm happy for you and am rooting for you. Give 'em hell and make me proud damn it!